Wu-Wei is the Taoist principle of non aggression and pacifism. To the extreme point, all striving, all quarrels and wars would cease, because war is useless and wasteful.
Tao is the basic unity behind the universe. It is a mysterious and undefinable force. The way
I don't think I could use Wu-Wei principle in my life because the world has changed so much since 600 BC. In those days you could have live outside of society, not needing things. Not wanting things. Today we strive, we quarrel, we got to war, and watch it on TV and sell advertising.
Tao is a different story. Life is the greatest gift of all. But if I stop striving I would lose my house, car, job. Money may be the greatest gift of all in America today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hello, Rich.
This is an interesting topic. I understand that this practice of religion was done many centuries ago, and over time religion has evolved. People of the world ignored some of these teachings. But we have to work to keep our religious beliefs. Hopefully, some day we can eliminate war, conflict, and preserve justice in the world, and the human rights of each individual person.
Sincerely,
Chris
I agree with Chris this was a very interseting article. It would certainly be better if people didn't judge others by there religion and people wouldn't have to spend so much time defending there religion.
I would find it extremely hard to live in these ideas. I live upstate and there you need a car I couldn’t imagine being without it let along without anything. I also don’t think the world be the same with out some kind of disagreements and so on. It would certainly be a boring place to live.
Post a Comment