Monday, October 29, 2007

Rich's Kamidana

I placed 2 white candles in reindeer holders for my Aunt Joan. They remind me what a sweet, wonderful person she was.
I placed 1 candle with shells inside for my uncle Tom it reminds me of the fun times we had together.
I placed a vice grip for my grandfather to remind me all the things we fixed together.
I placed a kitchen mitt for my grandmother to remind me of all the delicious meals she made for us.
I placed a pair of binoculars for great grandmother to remind me of our rattle snake hunts
I placed a picture of Jetty one of my cats. To put a smile on my face
I put a food offering there for the gods to thank them, for all the help they provided.

My Kamidana is in my study it is eye level and is the only thing on that wall. The wall faces west so the sunset shines light on it.

4 comments:

CTreligion said...

Hello, Rich.

This is a very interesting Kamidana. I enjoyed the order of operation on your shrine. It made me think of some of my family members, when you described your objects.

Sincerely,
Chris

wendy said...

Rich, I love your Kami is full of love and dedication. You took time to actually remembered those love one and specially what they love.

Karen said...

I really liked your Kami. I can tell that all the objects you put on it have some kind of special meaning to you. Of all the memories that you have which is the best one or the funniest one?

Krissy said...

Rich, I really liked you shrine. I loved how you put a little bit of everything it was really creative.