Monday, September 24, 2007

The Path

The roman catholic church has one path to salvation. People must get to heaven thru Jesus Christ.
This was one of my first problems with the religion I was raised in. I think today they are becoming alittle softer on this view. But how do people who never heard of Jesus get into heaven. How did people before Jesus was born get into heaven. Each person has the same path to heaven. Hinduism has 4 paths to salvation depending on the individuals life, wants, and ideas. For example if you consider yourself an active person you may choose the Karma Yoga. Where the work itself is the offering to Brahma. You become one with Brahma thru activity and work. If this does not sound like you there are 3 other paths you can choose. This is a very interesting concept for my.
I would like to hear what you think.

1 comment:

Susan De George said...

Rich--

Can you say a little more about each path? And which path would be yours?