Monday, September 17, 2007
Sioux Legend of the Buffalo Maiden
I liked the story of the Buffalo Maiden and the peace pipe. It told the story of this tribes quest to be one with the universe. The sun is your grandfather and he is the same to me she said. She represented the Buffalo tribe who sent the pipe. The pipe was to be used as a peacemaker. There will be wars but after the war is over smoke the peace pipe as a binding instrument. Remember the dead, show kindness towards every living thing on earth. Respect your parents. Understand all your necessities of life come from the earth below and the sky above, and the 4 winds.Don't do anything wrong against the elements. This sounds like good advice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really liked that story and the lessons learned from it. I also liked how you ended your entry. And your right it is really good advice considering i was brought up yo respect my parents and all other adults.
Post a Comment